Welcome to the St. Joseph Catholic School Website!
Principal Position for 2016-2017 School Year
St. Joseph Elementary Catholic School, an elementary parish school founded in 1891, with
130 students in the Diocese of Victoria, seeks an exceptional academic, spiritual and
visionary principal who will advance the mission and goals of a parochial school with a
history in the heart of Yoakum, Texas. The candidate must be a practicing Catholic in good
standing with the Church. Other qualities desired: must possess well-developed and refined
interpersonal skills, a collaborative leadership style, competency in professional staff
development, and an eagerness to engage a committed faculty with a diverse student body.
Have a minimum of 3 years teaching and/or administrative experience, preferably in a
Catholic school. To learn more about St. Joseph Catholic School, see our website at
Contact John E. Quary, Superintendent of Schools, 1505 E. Mesquite Lane, Victoria, TX
77901 (361) 573-0828 and/or download an application on the diocesan website at
Applications must be completed by March 1, 2016, or until the position is filled with the
If you or someone you know has been sexually abused by a member of the clergy or other church personnel, you can register a complaint by one of the following means:
- First, call the Department of Family and Protective Services at 1-800-252-5400 or report the abuse online.
- If the person is in immediate danger, call 911
- Then call the Chancery at 361-573-0828 and ask to speak with the Bishop;
- Call Rev. Gary Janak at 361-575-4741 or Sr. Emilie Eilers at 361-575-7111, Coordinators of Pastoral Care and Outreach;
- Write to: The Most Rev. Brendan J. Cahill S.T.D. , Diocese of Victoria, P.O. Box 4070, Victoria, Texas 77903-4070. Mark your letter "Personal and Confidential."
We will help you bring your concerns to Church officials outside the diocese if the abuse occurred elsewhere and you now reside in the Diocese of Victoria. If you are unsure about bringing a complaint or would like further information, please contact:
Rev. Gary Janak at 361-575-4741.
Our school Safe Environment Coordinator is Laurie Jahn. She may be reached at
If you have questions, please contact us.